Paste Extrusion, 3D Printing
John W., a current student and Fab Lab assistant, helped to wire-in and test a paste extruder with our stock Monoprice Mini V2. John soldered new connectors onto the wires and we plugged it into the board's location for the existing extruder. After some tests, we felt that it pushed the syringe plunger far too slowly, so we made a deep dive into the gcode. We learned that some simple search-and-replace scripts allow us to boost stock settings for feed rate, flow rate, and the step size for the motor. To accommodate the new wires, John laser cut a new acrylic panel for the side of the printer.